[OS X TeX] foo and foo-sys

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Thu Jun 15 21:36:23 CEST 2006

On Jun 14, 2006, at 15:17, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> And updmap vs updmap-sys bites again! :-), :-(!

The day I decided to support this broken idea was not my brightest. The
funny thing is that for a while before that I had fixed texmf.cnf to
make sure both system-wide and personal would point to temf.local so
old instructions would still work. This in fact makes foo-sys and foo
identical and they then act like foo of before the introduction of
foo-sys (or foo-sys of after the introduction, "als je begrijpt wat ik
bedoel").

That cat is out of the bag now for over a year and the problems seem to
stay and not become less. So, I am wondering if I could not better
return to the old way of doing it and have a 'enable personal
configurations' option in Expert mode.