[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.09 crash

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Thu Jun 15 21:24:23 CEST 2006

On Jun 15, 2006, at 1:50 PM, Wolfgang Schmidle wrote:

>> Nothing happens means that nothing at all happens in this window, so
>> that there is no transcript. The console window doesn't even open
>> again after I have clicked it away; I had to restart TeXShop to see
>> it again. The aux files (except bbl) and the preferences were
>> deleted.
>
> I just saw that my reply suggested I had the idea of deleting the
> preferences myself, which I didn't. -- I had also deleted the pdf
> file, so I guess that wasn't the reason either. Would it help at all
> to post the crash log?

I don't know if the crash log would help---it might. If no output is
appearing in TeXShop's console window, then presumably TeX isn't
getting started. I would next look in console.log, which you can get to
from the Apple menu via "About this Mac", followed by "More Info"
followed by "Logs". I would also play around to see if you can TeX
anything, or if it's just certain files that won't cooperate.

Chris