[OS X TeX] typsetting in TeXShop

Nestor Aguilera aguilera at ceride.gov.ar
Thu Jun 8 21:14:38 CEST 2006

Hi,

> I already have this:
>
> tell application "BBEdit"
>     activate
>     save active document of text window 1
>     set texdatei to file of active document of text window 1
> end tell
>
> tell application "TeXShop"
>     activate
>     open texdatei
>     typeset texdatei
>     --latex texdatei -- another attempt
> end tell
>

> but it doesn't recompile after I've edited it and tell BBEdit to run
> the script (thus my question about just typesetting the frontmost
> window).

I use TextWrangler, which should be very similar to BBEdit.

My script is

       try
          tell application "TextWrangler"
             set NAME to file of front text window
             save NAME
          end tell

          tell application "TeXShop"
             activate
             open NAME
             tell document NAME of application "TeXShop"
                latex
             end tell
          end tell

       on error error_number
          display dialog error_number buttons {"OK"} ¬
             default button 1 with icon 1 ¬
             giving up after 5
       end try

and added a button for executing it in TextWrangler. Once in TeXShop,
if I want to recompile I have to have the pdf window active and then
use command-T. Of course, TeXShop is set for "use with external
editor". This works fine for me.

What I don't know how to do is to go to the error line in the
TextWrangler window directly from TeXShop's console. Any ideas?

Thanks!

                                                  Nestor Aguilera