[OS X TeX] Backing out of a ~/Library/texmf install

stephenmoye at cox.net stephenmoye at cox.net
Thu Jun 8 15:10:17 CEST 2006

Some time ago, I installed the Lucida fonts in ~/Library/texmf install with updmap. Now that i-Installer complains to me regularly that it has detected a personal setup in my teTeX installation, and having read all the good reasons not to have such a setup, and, finally, reading the chilling experiences of  those who did have such a setup -- I would like to repent of my sins and reinstall the fonts in /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local.

Before I do anything I might regret, I want to review what I think are the steps to accomplish this

1. I'll move (mv) the files/directories from ~/Library/texmf to the corresponding locations in /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local

2. I'll remove any leftover files and directories in ~/Library/texmf  -- what would those be? Is web2c one of them?

3. Run sudo -H updmap-sys --enable-map lucida.map

I'm fairly clear on the normal installation process. It is undoing an older installation that I am concerned about.

Thanks as always for any help.

Stephen Moye