[OS X TeX] Re: dvips problem [with addendum]

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jun 7 00:29:05 CEST 2006

Am 07.06.2006 um 00:06 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

>> Just for the record: personal administration setups, like made
>> with updmap (and not updmap-sys) will be ignored by the TeX i-
>> Package (which only works for system-wide use) in case you use the
>> TeX i-Package. The result will be that the TeX i-Package will
>> perform stuff like updating maps during configuration, but these
>> will not be visible for you as a user as you will have your own.
>> Updates to TeX will therefore possibly not entirely work for you
>> as they will be installed perfectly but be overridden by older
>> stuff in your home dir.

That's OK. Perform a simple 'updmap' and you're privately up-to-date
again! When it works for me then it can work for billions others. I'm
not that special ...

And there is one more good thing with i-Installer: at least in expert
mode it reminds of updating because it states that it has found a
private configuration for user X, or Y, and maybe Z, too.

--
Greetings

   Pete

The mathematician who pursues his studies without clear views of this
matter, must often have the uncomfortable feeling that his paper and
pencil surpass him in intelligence.
                                            Ernst Mach