[OS X TeX] Newbie questions:

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 6 21:39:53 CEST 2006

On 6 Jun 2006, at 21:32, Rick Hogg wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm new to LaTeX and had a some questions:
> 1.) In the (Not So) Short Introduction to LaTeX the
> author keeps referring to a Local Guide that should
> have come with my installation.  Where is it?

I don't know which editor you use, but these days, the closest thing
to the local guide are either the help files of TeXShop, or http://
ii2.sourceforge.net/tex-newbie.html (followed by http://
ii2.sourceforge.net/tex-index.html). The local guide tells you how to
compile your documents using (La)TeX. This can be system dependent,
and is therefore usually left out of the generic documentation.

> 2.) How do I install custom document classes, etc?  I
> want to write my resume in LaTeX, found a really nice
> example, but have no idea how to use the .cls file.

http://ii2.sourceforge.net/tex-index.html#not%20found

Maarten