[OS X TeX] dvips problem: addendum

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Jun 5 18:34:50 CEST 2006

Le 5 juin 06 à 17:09, Stephen Anderson a écrit :

> It looks like my texmf directory is invisible to various tex-
> related programs (although not to LaTeX itself: style files in my
> local tree seem to be found when running latex on a file that
> invokes them).
>
> I'm sure I did something stupid in updating my tex installation,
> but I can't really see what....

Looks like a permission problem. Did you try using Repair Permission
in Disk Utility (booting from either your hard drive or the OS X
install CD or DVD)?

It may also result from the havoc in recent versions of TeXLive
caused by the change from updmap to updmap-sys etc. Do you have
generated files (ie that you didn't install yourself) in ~/Library/
texmf (like texmf.cnf, updmap.cfg, etc.)? If that's the case, then
you should delete all these generated files, then re-run the
Configure stage of the TeX i-Package in Expert mode. It should fix
things up for you.