[OS X TeX] TeXShop-2.10beta

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 5 04:22:54 CEST 2006

Color syntax is now much faster than it was. On my Titanium 550,
typing in my 412 KB .tex file was painfully slow with color syntax
turned on. Now it feels as fast as BBEdit in terms of typing,
although BBEdit opens and completely color syntaxes the file a little
faster. Does this mean we might eventually have the capability of
having two full editor windows open to the same file at the same time?

The first time I attempted to open this file, I immediately started
dragging the scroll bar. It got about a third of the way down the
file, stopped, and I got a perpetually spinning beach ball, forcing
me to kill the program. When I opened the document a second time and
gave it a few seconds to finish color syntaxing, there was no problem.

Richard Séguin

PS My periodic TeXShop request: an option to color the $...$ strings
a single solid color in the way that BBEdit can be set to do. It
makes identifying missing $ characters much easier.