[OS X TeX] squeezing table rows

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Mon Jun 5 00:31:12 CEST 2006

Hello KL,

On 05/06/2006, at 8:15 AM, KL Tah wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could someone enlighten me as to how to squeeze space between rows
> in the table? I need to use a smaller font size but changing the
> font size did not seem to scale the spaces in a similar manner,
> making the table look less than sastisfactory.

How did you select the smaller font ?
Just choosing, say  \small  within individual cells ?

Or by applying the change to the whole table; e.g.,

   {\small
    \begin{tabular}{...}
    \end{tabular}
    }%  end of \small .

The effect should be quite different between these two ways,
since the \baselineskip amount will differ.

> I'm actually using the deluxetable environment from the aastex
> macro, so if you have tips specific to this, that would help even
> more!

Sorry, I cannot help with that.

Please provide a cut-down example of what you are trying to do.
Include the commands to load packages, where relevant.

> Cheers,
> KL

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore