[OS X TeX] Trouble installing a new font

delanoy at math.univ-lyon1.fr delanoy at math.univ-lyon1.fr
Sat Jun 3 19:39:32 CEST 2006

>and the MAP file fragment should be put into /usr/local/teTeX/share/
>texmf.local/fonts/map/dvips/archaic (it's a whole series of many
>fonts).

 You mean that I should use the name 'archaic' to be consistent
with the choices made in type1 and tfm ?

>And since you've changed the contents of the systematic trees
>you need to run after this change and *before* you create the MAP
>files 'sudo -H texhash.'

 I changed (the end of) my sequence  of commands to

(from the /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/ directory, as root)

10) mkdir map/dvips/archaic
 11) cp ~/Documents/LaTeX/etruscan/*.map map/dvips/archaic/
 12) sudo -H texhash
 13) sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map etruscan.map

  It still doesn't work ; although the last line of the file updmap.cfg
reads ``Map etruscan.map", the file etruscan.map is not in the list of
used map files when updmap-sys runs. What is going on here ?

                                          Ewan