[OS X TeX] Another 10.4.6-freeze fix update

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Thu Jun 1 13:27:39 CEST 2006

> On 27.05.2006, at 01:47, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>

>>> Downloaded ii2-beta.dmg and opened it using Rosetta. The warning
>>> panel came up on the screen and the application quit as expected.
>>> I am running 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo with Mac OS X 10.4.6
>>
>> OK. That is enough for me now (I got also off list reports). This
>> way i-Installer does not freeze an 10.4.6 system and all we have to
>> do is wait for 10.4.7 to be released.
>
> I guess you know it already, but just to make sure: QT 7.1.1 has just
> been released and obviosuly it fixes the problems that existed with
> Adobe VersionCue and Matlab. Does it also resolve the i-installer
> issues?

Most likely. I have had one report that i-Installer also does not trigger
the freeze (which is to be expected as it was a now fixed OS issue not an
i-Installer issue). I have not checked myself, though.

I have already provided my own fix. i-Installer 2.78 is again a universal
binary and it will not trigger the freeze that plagues 10.4.6 in various
update combinations.

I shall do the announcement with some details.