[OS X TeX] Named theorem

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 17:04:43 CEST 2006

Martin Costabel wrote:

> In amsthm.sty, they added a line
>
> \thm at notefont{\fontseries\mddefault\upshape}%
>
> which changes this behavior. I assume that they think non-bold is more
> appropriate than boldface for a note. If you want to get a different
> behavior, add that line in your preamble and modify it, for example
> instead of "\fontseries\mddefault" write "\bfseries". Or use the
> solution 2 Victor pointed out.

I tried

        \thm at notefont{\bfseries\upshape}%

in the preamble but then I got

    ! Undefined control sequence.
    l.108     ^^I\thm
                     @notefont{\bfseries\upshape}%

So, I commented out the "added line" in amsthm.sty and now it works as
advertised. Of course, that will leave "editors" of the book (if any)
with the very puzzle I had. But might there be a more immediate, hidden
cost? (Un train peut en cacher un autre, as they used to post in train
stations.)

Very grateful regards
--schremmer