OT: Illustrator capabilities (was Re: [OS X TeX] OT: log from Acrobat 7.0)

Jack Kuipers kprs at calvin.edu
Thu Jul 27 02:25:57 CEST 2006

You are way over my depth in graphics, although, I made well over 100
figures to represent
or simulate 3-space mathematical situations for my Quaternion Book.
These did require
great care in achieving the proper perspective and sense. For this I
used Aldus Superpaint (no need
for palm trees or crashing waves) whch did it well. But, about half
way thru the book process Adobe
bought Aldus and promptly "killed" Superpaint. Illustrator cannot
compete. I once challenged
Adobe hucksters at a Math Conference to draw my figures. They could
not (at least, did not);
admittedly, there is a great distinction between "drawing" and
"peddling - their primary interest."
I gave Illustrator an honest try --- I even bought it. Finally, gave
it away.  BUT, ---

CAN YOU HELP ON THIS: Do you know of a package in TeXShop which will
put a watermark
on the compiled output --- wich is then easily removed by removing
the package? Several years
ago I used something with Textures that would put something "lightly"
diagonally across the page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.		Jack Kuipers