[OS X TeX] OT: log from Acrobat 7.0

Sergei Mariev sergei.mariev at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Jul 25 16:49:29 CEST 2006

Thanks for the suggestions!

Acrobat is currently process 591. So I executed the following command:
sudo syslog -c 591 -c
and got the response:
Set process 591 syslog filter mask set: Emergency - Critical

it appears that after this action has been recorded in the log, no
additional lines from Acrobat have been added to the syslog.... So is
this a solution? Or is my joy premature, and/or there are some
drawbacks?

Am 25.07.2006 um 02:31 schrieb David Watson:

> You could possibly try setting the syslogd with a lower log level
> than notice, using an iterative process with the levels represented
> as "pacewnid". The default is Notice "n" but you could make it
> really annoying by setting it to "debug":
>
> sudo syslog -c syslogd -d
>
> So, I would try the above with "w" first, and then step it down
> progressively to the left hand side until the error messages
> disappear.
>
> On Jul 24, 2006, at 4:41 AM, Sergei Mariev wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> Sorry for posting an OT message, but given the experience with
>> Acrobat in this group, perhaps someone has an answer....
>>
>> Acrobat 7.0 on my machine floods system.log files and console.log
>> (and other log files) with thousands of lines containing one and
>> the same message: Acrobat 7.0 Professional/Adobe Acrobat 7.0
>> Professional.app/Contents/MacOS/Acrobat: Invalid color: colored
>> pattern specified with uncolored pattern colorspace.
>>  it seems that it writes these lines continously without
>> interruption all the time during which Acrobat is up and running.
>> Does any one know how to stop this behaviour?
>>

>> Sergei

Sergei Mariev
Hinweis ab jetzt neue Nummer +49 (0)163-846-62-00
+49 (0)8153-986-716