[OS X TeX] OT: log from Acrobat 7.0

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Jul 25 04:53:17 CEST 2006

On Jul 24, 2006, at 08:01, George Gratzer wrote:

> Actually, it is 7.08.
>
> Why is there so much hostility to Adobe?

I'm slightly hostile because of their Acrobat Reader PDF plugin,
which forced me to disable WebKit plugin capability in a couple of
open source applications I'm associated with.  In all the controversy
around InputManagers and other hacks (e.g. mach_inject), I'm
surprised their hack has been ignored (or has it been fixed?).

> I consider Illustrator the best software I have ever used, except
> for Photoshop. Az an academic, I buy them really cheaply, and they
> provide the best user interface I have ever seen.

The main problem I have when using Adobe applications is that I use
them so seldom that I forget how to do things...since I find their
user interfaces quite unintuitive, this is a nuisance.  TIFFany3 and
Create are more useful and accessible than Adobe's apps for my needs
(batch image processing and composing PDF figures and equations,
respectively); YMMV.

Adam