[OS X TeX] commenting in pdf file

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 23:45:30 CEST 2006

On 7/21/06, Alan Litchfield <alan at alphabyte.co.nz> wrote:

> On Jul 22, 2006, at 9:24 AM, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
> > Actually comments could be produced by pdflatex (see f.e. cooltooltips
> > package) but pdf document
> > will have comments but still will not be commentable in Adobe Reader.
> > Nothing to do with Distiller.
>
> Victor, you misunderstand me. I meant that if someone is creating a
> PDF, Adobe assumes they are using Distiller and therefore would have
> access to Acrobat Pro. I know it has nothing to do with Distiller
> directly.

Adobe knows that there are very many ways to create pdf documents
(f.e. printing to pdf). Also "creator" is purely Mac thing (and mainly
Mac OS 9) and of no interest for Adobe, If you want to learn more
download from

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/pdf/index_reference.html

reference for pdf 1.6 and read it, please (evil chuckle)