[OS X TeX] Xindy?

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Jul 17 10:36:04 CEST 2006

On Jul 17, 2006, at 24:55 , Simon Spiegel wrote:
> On 16.07.2006, at 22:36, Maarten Sneep wrote:
>> On 16-jul-2006, at 22:17, Simon Spiegel wrote:
[snip]
>> Configure:
>> 	./configure
>> Build:
>> 	make
>> Sanity check:
>> 	make check
>> Install:
>> 	sudo make install
>
> Ok, this still doesn't work. I'm on an Intel iMac, running 10.4.7
> with fink installed. make ends with the following messages:
>
> cd vacall_r; make all
> make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> cd trampoline_r; make all
> make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> cd vacall_r; make all
> make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> cd trampoline_r; make all
> make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> cd vacall_r; make check
> make[4]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
> cd trampoline_r; make check
> ./test1
> make[4]: *** [check] Illegal instruction

I see this on Intel, and something slightly different, but with a
similar effect, on PowerPC (I already sent the details to Maarten).

[snip]
> Stupid question: Which search path and how do I remove something
> from it?

It depends on your shell, but if you use 'bash',

    echo $PATH

will show you what sequence of directories will be searched when you
type an unqualified (no '/'s) command name.  This is a list, like so:

     /usr/bin:/bin:.:/usr/local/bin...

The ':'s separate directory path names.  To remove "/sw/bin",
assuming it is there, do something like this:
     copy pieces of the output above, eliminating "/sw/bin" (and
noting that ':' is a separator), and then paste the pieces (they
automatically go where they should) to end up with a line like this:

     export PATH=...

Regards,

Justin

--