[OS X TeX] jurabib - large annotation

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon Jul 17 09:55:40 CEST 2006

I started to use jurabib and this style supports the annote-field.
Suddenly  a file that contains a citation of a bibtex-record with a
very large annotation won´t compile. I could not understand from the
documentation wether it is possible to switch this support off in
jurabib itself. After modifications in BibDesk which I am using
(checking "Save Annote
and Abstract fields at the end of the items" in BibDesk's Files
preference pane [thx to Adam Maxwell for the hint]) I managed to get
the file compiled, however, the I get the warning that the record is
missing author, title, and other significant information which -
needless to say - are actually there. The very long annotation just
seems to prevent LaTex/BibTex from reading them correctly.  How do I
get the file compiled properly without having ot delete the whole
annotation?

Cheers,

Alex

this was the error I got before (!) checking the "save annote and
abstract fields at the end of the items" - just in case this provides
helpful information:
This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.5.5)
The top-level auxiliary file: test.aux
The style file: jurabib.bst
Database file #1: PreussenMilit.bib
Your field is more than 5000 characters---line 1765 of file
PreussenMilit.bib
: Friedrich II
:             . unterstellt Westpreu{\ss}en & Schlesien nicht dem
General-Direktorium
I'm skipping whatever remains of this entry
(There was 1 error message)