[OS X TeX] New alpha Textures with support for graphics

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 13 21:26:08 CEST 2006

On 13-jul-2006, at 21:05, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jul 13, 2006, at 1:52 PM, Alex Scorpan wrote:
>
>> Judging from the problems with backslash, you might have "Regular
>> Expressions" checked in your Find pane.  Uncheck it, as "\" is a
>> special symbol in regular-expression based searches.
>
> Howdy,
> Or learn to escape the backslash (\\) so you can learn how to use
> the great power of regular expressions.

Regular expressions are a double-edged sword. They allow for very
powerful search (and replace) actions, on the other hand regular
expressions are a very cryptic, incomplete programming language. The
key is knowing when to use regular expressions. To get started, I
would recommend the help file that comes with TextWrangler.

Maarten
--
You haven't had real fun with regular expressions until you've
written a vi regular expression to search for a vaguely remembered