[OS X TeX] New alpha Textures with support for graphics

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Jul 13 19:32:23 CEST 2006

Before you get overboard with your praise of Textures, let me recall
the shortcomings of the old (classic) Textures which made me then
longing for a Unix OS, or, after OS X, abandoning Textures, first for
the more complex tasks, and later completely:

- Producing an index was a pain.
- Using mfpic or anything postscript related was impossible.

The compilation speed advantage of the present Textures version seems
to be due to the fact that the underlying tex engine and tex tree is
very limited and specialized. I doubt that the OS X versions of
Textures will ever offer the versatility and possibilities of tetex.

Claus