[OS X TeX] Xindy?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jul 10 00:23:28 CEST 2006

Am 09.07.2006 um 21:05 schrieb Maarten Sneep:

> I'll report that the presence of fink may interfere with building
> xindy (at least that it is worthwhile to remove fink when building
> xindy, just to see if the issue goes away).

Maarten,

that's not the story I told! It is definitely *not* Fink that might
cause interference, it was definitely me who prepared the wrong
flags. Actually the last successful build happened with potential
Fink support -- I did not check yet which binaries and libraries have
been built and which other libraries they need/depend on, so I cannot
tell whether some add-ons from Fink or DarwinPorts are needed to make
Xindy, or Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) is enough. Well, an enhanced Tiger,
with Developer packages (SDK's) and X11SDK package also.

--
Greetings

   Pete

When in doubt, use brute force.