[OS X TeX] pdfsync changes page breaks?

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at iwu.edu
Sat Jul 8 23:54:58 CEST 2006

On Jul 8, 2006, at 4:43 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> On Jul 8, 2006, at 5:38 PM, Alex Scorpan wrote:
>
>> I'm working on a big doc, 150 pages, and decided to try adding
>> pdfsync to the sync method.  After adding \usepackage{pdfsync},
>> the page breaks were different.  Is this normal, known, whatever?
>
> This is a known problem. If you are using TeXShop, I recommend
> using the "Search" sync method under Preferences > Misc.

I must say I find this both perplexing and slightly distressing. I
just don't see what pdfsync has to do with page breaks. Could anyone
offer some more details/links on this? Is there some technical reason
why this is not fixed, or is it that no-one has gotten around to
giving it a try? Is there a particular page number where things start
going amiss? Is the same true if the file is broken in smaller files
via \include commands?

> Regards,
>   Gary

Haris