[OS X TeX] Novice questions: Including graphics in Plain TeX, pdfsync, controlling page sizes

Alex Scorpan scorpan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 20:00:54 CEST 2006

> 2)  Getting pdfsync to work?  The pdfsync.tex file is installed in
> ~/Library/texmf/tex/plain/, and the other pdfsync files are also in
> their appropriate places, but nothing happens in Plain TeX.

By the way, note that TeXShop has some sync functionality even
without loading pdfsync.

> for example, into a ~/Library/texmf/myauxfiles/ subfolder

Rather, into ~/Library/texmf/tex/plain/myauxfiles or wherever inside /
plain, for use with plain TeX.  The first couple of levels in a texmf
folder have strict rules.  But, if put in the proper place, the
answer is "yes".

> Will I need to include an alias to such an auxiliary file in the
> same folder as the TeXShop master file?

No.

Alex