[OS X TeX] Cannot save in TeXShop

Tom Vawter tvawter at austincc.edu
Fri Jul 7 23:44:28 CEST 2006

> Am 07.07.2006 um 19:25 schrieb Tom Vawter:
>
> > I am the owner of the folders in question.  But I do not have write
> > permission-go figure.
>
> I do not understand the last sentence. Could you open a Terminal and
> tell us some details? For example the output of the command umask. As
> you probably know you can drag&drop folders from Finder onto
> Terminal. Could you type in Terminal:
>
>   ls -ld <SPCACE>
>
> and then drop the folder with the TeX files and its parent folder
> onto Terminal? Finish with a RETURN! The "<SPACE>" means that there
> is at least one space after the text you typed. What is the output of
> the 'ls -ld' command on the two folders?
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>    Pete
>
> A blizzard is when it snows sideways.

I apologize for any confusion.  Path Finder told me I was the owner of
the folders in question, but that I did not have write permission.  The
Finder Get Info said that I had Read Only permission.  Giving myself
Read & Write permissions in the Finder has enabled me to save files in
TeXShop.

Hope this is clear
Tom Vawter