[OS X TeX] Re: Lucida and Beamer

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Jul 4 18:30:41 CEST 2006

Le 30 juin 06 à 20:52, Leslie W Morland a écrit :

>            I tried the lucida fonts with beamerclass 'slides" made
> for a research talk, essentially a selection of equations and text
> taken from a full paper which outputs perfectly. I discovered that
> bars, hats and tildes over symbols now produce a large blotch. Is
> this a beamer feature,
> so cm must be used, or another glitch which can be remedied. I do
> not understand why class beamer should differ for symbols from
> class article, but though it might be something you are aware of,
> or which intrigues you. Clearly not a problem which matters to my
> work.

Hi Leslie,

Sorry but I can't help: I've never used beamer or any other LaTeX
slide-oriented package (except for slide.cls itself, long ago), and
I've no plan to use it in the near future. For the moment I'm doing
all my presentations in Keynote, sometimes converting to PowerPoint
afterwards when mandatory.

Maybe Gary Gray or another Lucida afficionado on the OS X TeX list
could help. But a minimal example would be required (minimal LaTeX
file displaying the problem).

A possibility may be simply that the order in which amssymb.sty and
lucidabr.sty are loaded matters. You should first check from the .log
file what are the packages called silently by the beamer class, and
how they could interfere with lucidabr.sty.

Sorry for the late answer, I've been away last week and I'm still
catching up with the accumulated mail.