[OS X TeX] Alternative Method of Labeling Figures with Illustrator

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Jul 3 18:40:20 CEST 2006

On 1 juil. 06, at 18:51, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> When I have to edit Mathematica figures like this, I use Outline
> rather than Preview mode (under the View menu). It makes a big
> difference.

Hi Gary,

Many thanks for this tip. I wasn't aware of the existence of
different modes in Illustrator.

Which item in the View menu does it correspond to? I've attempted to
coerce my copy of Illustrator to use the English locale, with no
luck: even after setting English as the preferred language in System
Prefs > International (and even rebooting), Illustrator still opens
in French mode.

In the Affichage menu (corresponding probably to View in English),
the first three items are:

Tracés (Cmd-Y)
Aperçu de la surimpression (Cmd-Shift-Alt-Y)
Aperçu en pixels (Cmd-Alt-Y)

The names give no clue about what they actually do. Which one should
correspond to your Preview, according to the keyboard shortcut?

Bruno