[OS X TeX] Re: paths for graphics files

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jan 30 16:26:24 CET 2006

Am 30.01.2006 um 16:15 schrieb Arthur Snoke:

> One thing that works on the Sun but not on the Mac is a relative
> path to a graphics file.  On the sun, it works fine:
>
> [1] [2] [3] <../images/ccd2.eps> [4] [5] (otoday.aux) )
> (see the transcript file for additional information)

This is for security reasons! dvips is not allowed to search/look
'upwards' for a file to include. The -R option is connected to this
behaviour. I think this behaviour cannot be switched off ...

Maybe it works when you get an elder version of dvips (TeX Live 2004).

--
Greetings

   Pete

There is no national science just as there is no national
multiplication table; what is national is no longer science.
          -- Anton Checov