[OS X TeX] graphicspath

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 19:40:44 CET 2006

Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Jan Hegewald wrote:
>
>> So if you  have
>>
>> BookFolder:
>>     GraphicsFolder:
>>         SomeFancyPicture.png
>>     TextFolder:
>>         yourTeXFile.tex
>>
>> you can use \graphicspath{{../GraphicsFolder/}} % note the two dots (..)
>> in your .tex file and write \includegraphics{SomeFancyPicture}
>>
>> Does this help?
>

> That's exactly what I needed. But where is this kind of things
> described? Companion 2ed barely mentions graphicspath on page 624.

"When you give them a hand, they ask for the whole arm" department:

Is there a way to set up \graphicspath{} to go back up more than one
level? For instance, in

    BookFolder:
        Chapter1Folder
            GraphicsFolder1
                Picture1.pdf
            TextFolder1:
                TeXFile1.tex
        Chapter2Folder
            GraphicsFolder2
                Picture2.pdf
            TextFolder2:
                TeXFile2.tex

I would like to use, say, \includegraphics{Picture1} in TeXFile2.tex.

(The book is for so-called "developmental students" and just to put in a
reference does not work for them. Of course, I can always place a copy
of Picture1 in GraphicsFolder2 but this makes editing murderously
hazardous. This is the main reason I have a huge flat file as, last time
I tried, for some reason, aliases didn't work.)

Hopeful regards
--schremmer