[OS X TeX] Two random reflections

Jens Nöckel noeckel at uoregon.edu
Fri Jan 27 17:41:28 CET 2006

> - Illustrator CS 2 fails silently to open EPS files for editing,
> unless they are of type "TEXT" (as checked -- when Xcode is installed
> -- by /Developper/Tools/GetFileInfo in Terminal, and set by
> "/Developer/Tools/SetFile -t "TEXT"" also in Terminal). I noticed this
> with old Mathematica EPS files of mine. I tried all possible tricks
> (like changing Unix-style line endings to Mac-style line endings),
> before thinking of this TeXT type thing, and none worked.

Bruno,
I have many old eps files of type "" (none), but Illustrator CS 2 opens
them just fine. I often get a message telling me that the file was
created in an earlier version and I have to click an "update" button,
but after that the file is opened correctly. Except that fonts
sometimes look a little different after the update... (the curse of the
fonts, part 2?)
I am working in OS 10.3.9 - maybe your problem is a 10.4 issue?

Jens