[OS X TeX] Re: html output from bib file (BibDesk)

Eitan Gurari gurari at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jan 27 15:29:05 CET 2006

 > A source .tex file?
 >
 > here is the BibDesk template with the bibitem in, i.e. the file you
 > get if you do the
 > right-click procedure I mentioned. If I want to have more structure
 > here, I need to
 > put that in the bst file I think, and that is what I don't know what
 > to do.
 >
 > I am also looking at a Perl script called bib2xhtml, which works to
 > some extent,
 > but how to modify the set styles is not explained well, and I cannot
 > get it to work.

 > \newcommand{\enquote}[1]{``#1''}

 > \bibitem{Leigh2005a}
 > \enquote{Distinguishing two isomers of Nd at C$_{82}$ by STM and DFT}.
 > \newblock D.~F. Leigh, J.~H.~G. Owen, S.~M. Lee, K.~Porfyrakis,
 > A.~Ardavan and
 >    G.~A.~D. Briggs.
 > \newblock \textit{Chem.\ Phys.\ Lett.} \textbf{414}(4-6) pp. 307--310
 > (2005)

Well, such an input doesn't give tex4ht enough much information
about the semantics of the content.  With a few definitions like

  \renewcommand{\enquote}[1]{\HCode{<span class="title">}``#1''</span>}
  \Configure{textit}
      {\HCode{<span class="journal">}}
      {\HCode{</span>}}

a better output can be obtained.