[OS X TeX] Re: FOILtex OR Seminar

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at fc.ul.pt
Fri Jan 27 11:07:14 CET 2006

> Hi, can anybody help me, with the decision of using FOILtex or
> Seminar to make a presentation ?
>
> I have to do a presentation in a seminar at the university. (meaning
> landscape slides beaming to the wall)
>
> I have found FOILtex and Seminar. Which one is easier to learn,
> better to use ?
> Is one of them outdated ?
>
> Thx so far.

I use powerdot. It is excellent and with great support.

It is extremely easy to work with.

Give it a try. Once installed, anyone with a working knowledge of
LaTeX can do presentations in minutes.

I don't know beamer very well, though it should provide similar
functionality.

Here is a small sample slide in powerdot. The simple \pause command
is all that is needed for gradually showing stuff.
(But there is much more in powerdot!)

\begin{slide}{A bullet list one by one}

\begin{itemize}
\item This \pause
\item That \pause
\item And more
\end{itemize}
\end{slide}

Note: You will need recent versions of several packages. If you have
a recent TeX installation, then just download the packages powerdot
and xkeyval
and you're ready to go.

Luis Sequeira