[OS X TeX] Experimental release of universal (fat) i-Packages

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Thu Jan 26 12:05:42 CET 2006

The following i-Package distributions have been made universal (fat)
with both native PowerPC and Intel binaries.

Freetype2
ImageMagick
Autotrace
Potrace
Pstoedit
Bibtool
Fondu
JPEG (now also includes JPEG2000, or Jasper)
LaTeX2RTF
LCDF Typetools
PNG
TIFF
WMF
MacUtils
NetPBM
FontForge
Ghostscript 8 (now requires PNG to be available)
TTF2pt1
wvWare

All i-Package contents should work on 10.3 and up. Mac OS X 10.2 is
not supported.

Also libiconv has been updated, it will now only uninstall not
install anymore.

Still to do:

Xaw3d
Xfig
gv
RTFtoLaTeX2e (does anybody use this at all?)

All these are available from the *EXPERIMENTAL* i-Directory.

I really could use as wide as possible testing on these (both on
PowerPC and Intel), mainly because it is far too much for me (as I
seldomly use most of these myself) to test this in any believable
manner.

PS. I found a stray 8-bit character in the main i-Directory listing,
this might explain the occasional i-Directory loading problems I have
received reports on.