[OS X TeX] once more: owners, groups and privilegues of texmf.local

Friedrich Vosberg vatolin at mac.com
Sat Jan 21 21:23:33 CET 2006

Morning.

I want to install fonts for all TeX users of my system (MacOS X
10.4.4 gwTeX by i-Installer). Therefore I want to install the font
files into /usr/local/teTeX/shared/texmf.local/...

But this directory and all subdirectories have the folllowing owner,
groups and privilegues

     drwxr-xr-x root wheel

so I can't install there the directories and files as needed for the
installation of the fonts (Luxi Mono, Bera).

Now I consider to change the group of texmf.local and its
subdirectories to admin.

Are there serious reasons to refrain from doing this? And if so, how
can I install the files for *all* users only *once*? Would it be a
good idea to create my texmf directory in /Users/Shared/texmf/... and
link to this directory by aliases in each ~/Library?

What would you suggest?

TIA and kind regards. Friedrich

--
Die Freiheit die ging baden dank der Einführung der Datenbank.