[OS X TeX] bold sf in memoir

Morten Høgholm morten.hoegholm at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 16:34:02 CET 2006

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:51:44 +0100, Themis Matsoukas <matsoukas at psu.edu>
wrote:

Hi Themis,

> A: Imagine if newspapers reported the news of the day starting with the
> big bang.
> Q: Why isn't top-posting that bad after all?

There are several fundamental differences. These emails are not one-way
communications, plenty of people don't think there was a Big Bang, and if
they do, it can hardly be considered news. Besides it is not only my
personal preference: I quote from the sign-up to this mailing list:

By subscribing to this list you agree to these principles:
[...]

5. Users are encouraged to follow the quoting guidelines at learn to
quote. Summary: replace irrelevant material with a < snip >, respond below
the text you are responding to, and don't let your email application
change the subject.

[...]

To subscribe, select 'I agree to these principles'.

Just checked my newspaper: it doesn't contain a verbatim copy of all the
news from yesterday in today's edition...

I am actually not super touchy about this kind of thing but this time I
actually wanted to quote something from earlier in the thread and had to
work harder for it (than I thought should be needed).

Cheers,
--
Morten