[OS X TeX] bold sf in memoir

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Sat Jan 21 02:36:40 CET 2006

Morten,

Thanks to your test I realize that the conflict occurs because I load

\usepackage{mathtime}
\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{cmss}
\renewcommand{\ttdefault}{cmtt}

This loads times as the default font but makes  cmss and cmtt the
default sans and typewriter fonts instead of the uglier helvetica and
courier that are loaded with mathtime. The conflict is in the
\renewcommands: these work fine in \documentclass{article} but in
memoir they seem to neutralize \sffamily\bfseries.

Is there a better way to load cmss and cmtt than the one I am using?
I suppose I could go inside mathtime.sty and comment out the
helvetica/courier lines, but I'd rather not.

Themis