[OS X TeX] Embedding movies

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Wed Jan 18 18:47:14 CET 2006

On 18.01.2006, at 17:01, Google Kreme wrote:

> On 18 Jan 2006, at 03:30 , Simon Spiegel wrote:
>> While this gives me the desired result when viewed in Adobe Reader
>> I get strange things in Preview; it does display the poster image,
>> but there is a strange yellow border around the image (like a
>> link, but I haven't defined a link color yellow anywhere) and
>> there is some text visible in the upper left corner of the image.
>> Something about "attachment" but it's not well readable since two
>> texts are on top of each other.
>
> I don't think what you want to do is possible without creating two
> pdfs.  The embedded video stuff is part of the newer pdf format
> that, to date, only Adobe Acrobat $LATEST supports.
>
> The fact you are getting anything useable at all is a little
> surprising.  I bet Acrobat 5.0 would choke completely on the file,
> for example.

Actually, embedding movies into pdfs isn't new. Support for QT7 (and
therefore h.264) is new, but the embedding itself has been part of
the PDF format at least since PDF 1.5. And I was always under the
impression that one function of the poster frame is to have something
viewers can display which don't handle embedded movies.

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Mutschellenstr. 97

Telephon: ++41 43 535 81 71
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I'm not that easy to impress. – O, a blue car." Homer Simpson