[OS X TeX] hyperlink to files in samefolder as pdf

Gert van Oss gertmt at mac.com
Wed Jan 18 16:27:46 CET 2006

hi all,

the situation is that I would like to distribute a folder to a group.
The content is
- a pdf file generated by TexShop - LaTeX, and
- excel files.

For the pdf file I will use
\usepackage[colorlinks=true, pdfstartview=FitV, linkcolor=blue,
citecolor=blue, urlcolor=blue]{hyperref}

so that I can generate a hyperlink to the excel files in the
distributed folder.

I can't seem to set up a 'local-hyperlink'. Does anyone know if this
is possible at all?

Something like:

\href{/Users/gertmt/Documents/Opleidingen/Voorstel/Rapport/
VersieTextMate12/excels/test.xls}{This works}

works but

\href{excels/test.xls}{this doesn't work....}

is not successful.

Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Regards,

Gert