[OS X TeX] Automatic Backup in TeXShop

Bastian Philipps bph at gmx.info
Mon Jan 16 10:09:42 CET 2006

Hi Folks,

as described in TeXShop's Help there seems to be a hidden pref, enabling
TeXShop so make automatic backups on each LaTeX-Run.

I tried 'defaults write TeXShop SaveBackup YES' and after consulting the
archives 'defaults write TeXShop KeepBackup YES', but somehow none works.

Could someone please point me to what I am doing wrong and by the way in
what way those backups are made? Just a copy or even a simple versioning
like text.tex >> text-1.tex >> text-2.tex ...

Thanks for the help

Greets
Bastian

PS: Sorry for the Re-Post, but so far no replies to the first