[OS X TeX] psfrag troubles/PostScript in 10.4.4

Thomas Schröder hydrochlorix at gmx.net
Thu Jan 12 22:14:11 CET 2006

Am 12.01.2006 um 16:57 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> On second thought, I got puzzled by this and investigated a bit
> further. On my PowerBook G4 with 10.4.4 and KaleidaGraph 4.0.2, I'm
> getting pictwpstops when printing to PS.

This is what intrigued me somehow, so I checked everything once again
and it turns out that on the G4 I have version 3.6.4 whilst on the
iMac I have version 3.6. This is almost too easy and so embarassing.
Sorry for wasting everybody's time :-(

In my defence I must say that with quite a few other programmes I
started doing did tests with, I couldn't use psfrag because the wrong
filter was being used and no labels were present in those PostScript
files. It would be nice, in the long run, if the old behaviour when
printing into a PostScript could be restored in OS X. On the other
hand, it's been quite some time since I've last used psfrag, this was
on an Amiga actually, so I don't really know if this has ever really
worked on the Mac....

Anyways, thanks for taking the time! Take care.

Ciao, Thomas