[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.06

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Jan 10 00:49:29 CET 2006

On Monday, January 09, 2006, at 02:40PM, Gary L. Gray <gray at engr.psu.edu> wrote:

>On Jan 9, 2006, at 5:30 PM, Adam Maxwell wrote:
>

>> On Monday, January 09, 2006, at 02:27PM, Gary L. Gray
>> <gray at engr.psu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> That's not it. Francesco and I are both using 10.4.3.
>>
>> Maybe you can both send a sample to Dick?  Double-click the
>> application in Activity Monitor, then click the sample button; this
>> is very useful for hangs in applications.  You can also use Spin
>> Control if you have dev tools installed.
>
>Spin Control is detecting hangs in TeXShop, but it doesn't seem to be
>very informative. Is there some output I can save?

I find the "Show text report" to be most useful from Spin Control, but I'm not the one looking at your problem ;).  Sampling in Activity Monitor or in Terminal with sample gives you the same output.  Look for an abrupt change in the numbers on the left (it will probably help to run in single-cpu mode if you have a dual...CHUD lets you do that) to see where the slowdown occurs.

Adam