[OS X TeX] Bibdesk + autocompletion

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jan 8 16:28:19 CET 2006

On Jan 8, 2006, at 9:00 AM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> Using Bibdesk's autocompletion feature in TexShop works fine though
> there are two improvements I would like to suggest:
>
> - When the line where the citation should be inserted is near the
> bottom of the screen the little poup window with the suggestions
> can only partially be seen and the scroll arrows are hidden. It
> would be better, if the position of the popup window would depend
> on the relative position of the cursor with respect to the screen.
> In fact it wouldn't hurt, if the default position would be at the
> top of the source file window all the way down to the bottom of the
> screen.
>
> - Having a large screen I would prefer a larger popup window. Maybe
> the two dimensions can be user defined as well as the position of
> the top left corner (close but not identical to the top left corner
> of the screen/source file window) or (my preferred choice) the top
> right corner (close but not identical to the top right corner of
> the screen/source file window).
>
> Claus

Howdy,

If the open window is near the bottom of the screen and there are
just enough items brought up in the list so the end of the list (~5
items) is out of view there still are no scroll arrows or scroll bar.
I can still scroll using the arrow keys and see the item in the
substitution display so it isn't as though I can't get to the items.

Now here's a bigger one! It would be neat if the first time you use
the substitution it would search for a \bibliography command and open
that .bib file in BibDesk. That would save me the time of setting
that as the default for BibDesk or opening that .bib file in BibDesk
before starting the editing.

If there are folks out there not using the neat citation substitution
available with BibDesk they should try it! Very Neat!

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)