[OS X TeX] white or blank pdf

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Sat Jan 7 14:42:26 CET 2006

I recently had a similar but not unrecoverable problem: someone sent
me an eps which when dropped onto texshop produced a blank page and
the console reported "AFPL Ghostscript 8.51: Unrecoverable error,
exit code 1 Broken pipe".

Nevertheless, preview.app (as well illustrator cs2 and Peter's
convert command) opened the file without complaints and produced a
correct (as far as I can tell) pdf output. In other words, texshop
was the only application that failed to open this eps file. I have
the file, if anyone wants to dissect it.

Themis