[OS X TeX] EPS figures black/white reversed in Preview

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Jan 6 22:04:38 CET 2006

Le 5 janv. 06 à 22:39, Themis Matsoukas a écrit :

> Similar (but not identical) problem here: Exporting from
> illustrator to jpg seems to always invert the colors of (i) the
> thumbnail and (ii) of the image that is imported into texshop
> (whether dropping the jpg onto texshop, or using includegraphics) .
> Yet, when the jpg file is opened in Illustrator or in Graphic
> Converter (but NOT in preview.app), the colors are not inverted! I
> don't recall ever having this problem with eps, only with jpg, but
> it's reproducible each time.

Arriving late in the discussion: I've had similar problems, and they
seemed to be related with the "JPEG Options" that set the various
parameters of the conversion (resolution, quality, color scheme) in
Illustrator CS 2. I'm not sure (it was weeks ago), but IIRC setting
the resolution to 300 dpi resulted in "reverse video" display for the
Finder's Preview (in column view) and in Preview.app, while lowering
the resolution to 72 or 150 dpi solved the problem.