[OS X TeX] LaTeX ->Keynote (with black background)?

Roger Hart rhart at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jan 6 16:17:47 CET 2006

I'd like to thank everyone who kindly replied to my message. I've
found LaTeXiT very helpful, and will certainly use it in the future.
But unfortunately I can't use it with ps4pdf, at least not without
some extra work.

For creating slides on a black background, TeXShop is actually
perfect: After reading through the online Help, I found one can
change the settings on the TeXShop background, so that colored and
white text can be seen. So I can just typeset the entire article in
white, then copy the portions I need for my talk.

The real problem I encountered is that ps4pdf did not seem to work
properly with \color{white} (at least not on my, possibly somewhat
unusual, TeX configuration, with Chinese, etc.). That is, for reasons
that I do not understand, the first pic was OK, but the second and
following were not converted from dvi to pdf, according to the error
messages. Also \fbox was drawing only two of four lines. In the end,
I found that using the command

\textcolor[cmyk]{.01,.01,.01,.01}

following \PSforPDF fixed both problems (the {.01,.01,.01,.01} fixed
\fbox, and with \textcolor instead of \color ps4pdf worked properly).

Again, thanks to those who replied, and best wishes for the New Year,

Roger