[OS X TeX] Reloading a document in preview

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 5 22:52:53 CET 2006

On 5 Jan 2006, at 22:45, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2006, at 2:01 PM, Maarten Sneep wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just came across this hint on Mac OS X hints. It is an
>> AppleScript that will allow you to reload an open document in
>> Preview. I haven't tried it yet, I'll be waiting for the Guinea
>> pigs on the list to report problems ;-)
>>
>> http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?
>> story=2006010200141989&lsrc=osxh
>
> I think someone said that 'Revert to Saved' in Preview will do that
> too.

OK, nice to know. That command can also be scripted through GUI
scripting, and has the advantage that the page doesn't revert to page
1 / screen flicker because this script simply closes and then reopens
the file - although it seems preview now remembers your last location
in a pdf file.

In any case: progress.

Maarten