[OS X TeX] EPS figures black/white reversed in Preview

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 21:34:04 CET 2006

I encountered a problem relating to eps figures in Preview.

I have several eps figures obtained from Mathematica. Since they are
rather large, I compressed the figures using GraphicConverter (
Compression JPEG, Quality: Maximum).

The resultant eps figures were then opened in Illustrator, and some
symbols (circles) were added. The figures were then saved in PDF.

The PDFs were sent to WARMFigToPDF.

The final PDFs were converted back into eps via "pdftops -eps" command
in terminal.

When the final eps figures were included in LaTeX file and compiled,
it showed up as black/white reversed figured in Preview, pretty much
like a negative. However, it looks normal when opened in Adobe Reader.

I have tried all night but simple couldn't find the problems. I would
appreciate if someone could give me a hint. Thanks.

JT