[OS X TeX] Multiple choice tests

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 06:17:43 CET 2006

Jens Nöckel wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2006, at 5:03 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>> Now here is the problem. How do I randomize on n and i?
>>
>> Very hopeful regard,
>> --schremmer
>

> This sounds almost exactly like the following package:
>
> http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/probsoln/
> probsoln.html
>
> This uses a pseudo-random number generator that needs a seed - so if
> one takes the seed to be the current year, new sequences of questions
> are generated every year.

Talbot's probsoln package uses his generator to modify/pick the problems
and I would like to use it to pick n and i randomely in the main file.

This is the closest I have come to something I could use and, for all I
know, might be exactly it.

The trouble is that I cannot read his code and, even less, if need be,
extract his pseudo-random number generator to modify it for my own purpose.

Very grateful and hopeful regards
--schremmer