[OS X TeX] Re: Textures for MacOSX is coming soon !

srandby at uakron.edu srandby at uakron.edu
Wed Jan 4 05:06:24 CET 2006

According to the announcement there are "many, many things that it does
not yet do." This is about the only believable statement in the
announcement. Why would anyone consider using a product from a company
that so unapologetically abandoned its loyal customers?

I spent a lot of money updating Textures before the advent of OS X. When
I switched to OS X, the people at Bluesky misled me, and many others,
with false promises of a quick release of an OS X version of Textures.
No way do I believe for one second that Bluesky faced "insurmountable
issues" when attempting to produce Textures for OS X. Bluesky's decision
not to produce a new Textures was a pure business decision, their
customers be damned.

I hope this feeble attempt by Bluesky to win back their customers fails
miserably. With the many free and wonderful TeX options available for OS
X users, it is certain that they won't have my business.

Scott Randby