[OS X TeX] Kudos to everyone

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Feb 27 16:58:59 CET 2006

Le 27 févr. 06 à 16:17, Gerben Wierda a écrit :

> I am a big film fan and do like SF as well (and I can read German).

Same here (though my ability to read German has largely decreased
since I studied it back at school in the late 70s, without practicing
much afterwards). Is there some place where your thesis can be
downloaded from?

> PS and *very* OT. Good SF movies: "The  day the earth stood still",
> "Soylent Green", "Silent Running (or something to that effect)",
> "Solaris"
> (both the Tarkovsky and the Clooney versions, parts of the Tarkovsky
> version were shot in Japan and displayed in mirror image because
> there was
> not enough traffic in the Soviet Union :-), "Stalker", "Blade Runner
> (after Philip K. Dick's novel "Do androids dream of electric sheep?"),
> "2001" (wonderful physics, terrible AI stuff from Marvin Minsky) and
> several more.

Some more: "Forbidden Planet"; "Alien" (though whether it's SF may be
debatable); or, in another division, the "Space: 1999" TV series, or
"The Outer Limits" (« Au-delà du réel » in French).

Regarding "Silent Running", is this this movie about IIRC a spaceship
containing the last samples of terrestrial flora and fauna, plus some
biologists taking care of them?

Bruno Voisin