[OS X TeX] Font in TeXShop

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Feb 22 08:54:39 CET 2006

On 22 Feb 2006, at 4:40 am, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 22 févr. 06 à 00:19, Alain Schremmer a écrit :
>> I am finally getting to the issue that the Times New Roman font I
>> am using in my Intaglio-pdf seems to be different from the font i-
>> installed TeXShop comes with.
>>
>> Would there be a better, but still simple, match?
>
> With the psnfss package /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/latex/
> psnfss/psnfss2e.pdf, you are able to use the Times fonts (slightly
> different from Times New Roman, but that won't really matter for
> most people). Try putting in your list of packages:
>
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{textcomp}
> \usepackage{mathptmx}
> \usepackage[scale=.92]{helvet}
> \usepackage{courier}

This should change the typeface of your TeX-generated text to match
what you're using in your Intaglio graphics.

If you want to do the opposite--keep the body text as it is, and
change the typeface in the Intaglio graphics to match it better--you
could try using Latin Modern in Intaglio. The LM fonts aren't
provided with OS X, but I believe i-Installer will provide them if
you ask it nicely... others here can give more precise instructions,
I'm sure.

JK